Friday, June 15, 2012

Where's the blog at?

Where have you been, you say? In Quebec, of course!

We're now headed into our second summer here in Montreal, and Ben and I will be finishing up our second French class this coming Monday. I see now why they call it "language interference," because half the time when I try to come up with a French word, I end up thinking something in German. So I am going to try to watch some more French-language TV, starting with this gem about le canard.

I like it here, I really do. I've settled into my job and they don't seem to want to get rid of me any time soon, so that is good, because I like it. I do one-on-one tutoring as well as class-specific labs and general workshops. Las semester I did a pronunciation workshop, which really allowed me to work with some of the knowledge I learned in my linguistics classes. It feels good to utilize the skills and knowledge that you have. I still don't understand how I managed to land on my feet after so many years of screwin' it up, but it appears to have been equal parts good luck and hard work.

 Ben's game was released earlier this year, and the portion that he worked on is really fun. I bought an extra Xbox so we could play the multiplayer bit together, and it's an enjoyable way for us to spend time. He's transitioned from a programmer into a design role, which is a cool career progression for him since he's more interested in design now.

Now I am off to watch my French show. Au revoir!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I definitely have experienced language interference too. I know a tiny amount of French, but often when I try to think of French words German comes instead.

    ReplyDelete