Thursday, March 17, 2011

Where the posts at?

I sent this email to a few friends a couple of days ago. It basically sums up what I've been concentrating on for the last couple of weeks.

Dear Friends of Miss P:

Penelope hasn't been doing well for a while now, and her ultrasound yesterday turned up several masses and nodules in her liver, small intestine, pancreas, and lymph node. She is a very sick pup, and while we're still waiting on results from some cells they aspirated, it looks pretty certain that it's bad, and probably cancer.

She's lost a lot of weight and doesn't have much energy, but she's still as happy and waggy as ever; she just takes more naps and goes on shorter walks. She mostly seems tired and wants to lay around.

We don't have a real diagnosis or anything yet, but I think it's safe to say that there's not much we'll be able to do, and that her time with us will be limited.

Anyway, since you are Penelope's best friends in the whole wide world, I thought I'd let you know.

Love,

Conner


Today I am going to see a different vet to see if there's anything else that we'll be able to do for Penelope. I've been treating the situation like on any morning I could wake up and she'd have passed in her sleep, but she might have another couple of months if we change something. So I'll pay a little bit more for a second opinion and some peace of mind.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy the time you have with Miss P. It is amazing how dogs are able to stay so upbeat and happy when being so miserably sick. They give us so much comfort and pleasure!

    ReplyDelete