Thursday, March 3, 2011

I am a grown-up (sort of)


Today I sat in the vet's office, waiting to pay a bill for a variety of tests and an x-ray of my dog's tummy. A woman walked by; she was wearing the gorgeous $200 snow boots I've been coveting for a month.

Every day I check online to see if they've gone on sale so I can justify their purchase, and I've worked hard to cook at home and eat out less so buying these fabulous boots wouldn't be a huge strain on our finances.

I paid my $300 and drove home, thinking about how all the expendable income had gone into figuring out what is wrong with Penelope, and how being responsible sucks.

So I stopped off at a high-end boutique I'd eyed a couple times on Rue Sherbrooke. Just my luck, they had the exact thing I was looking for, so I was irresponsible and splurged:

His name is Huey Hedgehog. He is a Hardboiled Softie, Penelope's favorite toy in the whole, wide world.


He squeaks. I bought him for no other reason than to make my dog happy. Take THAT, fiscal responsibility.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know about Zappos shipping to Montreal, but these are similar and not QUITE $200....

    http://www.zappos.com/sorel-joan-of-arctic-10-hawk

    In other news, I am flaunting this blog post in Rob's face as further evidence of the satisfying utility of a Geoffrey-sized dog over a Penelope-sized one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same brand of shoes, actually. Zappos in Canada sucks because you're not allowed to order from American Zappos and pay extra shipping; you have to order from Canadian Zappos which has a significantly smaller selection and costs $10 to ship.

    In case you're wondering, the boots I liked above are named Cate the Great. There's also a Helen of Tundra model...

    ReplyDelete