Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Talkin' shop

As a small way to occupy my time and make me feel less crappy about myself, I've been tutoring a couple in English for a month or two. We mostly work on conversational practice: fluency, comprehension, that sort of thing. We meet twice a week for an hour each time, and goddamn if I'm not running out of stuff to talk about.

Things we have discussed:

Pets
Israel & Palestine
Parenting
Medicine (they're both doctors)
Media Coverage of Politics
Politics
Presidential Election
Funerals and Parties
Gift Giving
Special Holidays

Man, we've talked about a lot of stuff that starts with "P," haven't we?

I was hoping making this list would inspire me to new heights of creativity, but...not really. I guess I'll try to see what else I can come up with on my own. Any suggestions, internet?


2 comments:

  1. What about food and cooking? Past vacations and travels, plus wished for trips? Ummm.. I'm trying to think of things I talk to people about in, you know, conversations. Downtown Abbey? That comes up a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't trying to be all anonymous. That was Eliza.

    ReplyDelete