Thursday, May 26, 2011

Changes

I checked the mail last night when Ben and I got back from hanging out with some friends; I got a letter from the City of Westmount. I figured, oh, it's just a reminder that I got a ticket or something, but no.

The city finally had gotten around to mailing me Penelope's dog license.

We moved to another country and left our friends behind and Ben got a new job, but our dog being gone is still the biggest upheaval of all.

This morning I woke up and my computer had done some sort of system restore that meant I lost all of the work I'd done on a few sample essays for a prospective job. As soon as I realized this, a jackhammer started right outside of my open window.

The good news is, it started raining so I guess they went away. I know better to go outside because at this rate my umbrella would turn inside-out and I'd get splashed by a car.

So anyhoo, I'm at 2/3 papers and my brain is pretty darn fried at the moment.

In more cheerful news, B and I are maybe going to play some board games this evening. We took a nice walk last weekend that I'll post about, but a friend took some nice pictures so I thought I'd wait until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment